Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation (ETEC) is currently looking for an entry-level engineer to support project and product engineering. Demonstrated experience in a project- or product-engineering setting is a must. Candidates will demonstrate an ability to take direction from senior engineers, complete tasks autonomously, and switch easily between projects or tasks. This is a full-time position; please do not respond if you cannot work full time hours.
Candidates will enjoy working in a small company environment and will be willing to participate in all areas of the Company’s business at all levels. Candidates will be self-starters, comfortable working with little supervision, will be capable of providing their own direction and will excel at learning new skills and technologies.
- Work with engineers to complete tasks
- Organize and analyze data, both electronic and paper
- Set up and perform tests under the direction of senior engineers
- Use test equipment—data recorders, data acquisition, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Perform research on products or components
- Perform rudimentary design work, electrical, software and/or mechanical
- Write technical report and/or develop product manuals and service documents
Required skills for Electronics Engineering Position:
- Must have a BS Electrical, Electronics , Mechanical or Engineering Technology
- Labview programming experience —min 1 year required
- C programming experience a plus
- Visual Basic programming a plus
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and drawings
- Knowledge and use of, electrical hand tools
- Must be able to work in a matrix-type environment
- Ability to travel (<10%)
Incorporated in Phoenix, Arizona in 1996 to support the development and installation of battery charging infrastructures for electric vehicles, Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation (eTec), a wholly-owned subsidiary of ECOtality, is a recognized leader in the research, development and testing of advanced transportation and energy systems. Specializing in alternative-fuel, hybrid and electric vehicles and infrastructures, eTec is committed to developing and commercially advancing clean electric technologies with clear market advantages.
eTec’s flagship Minit-Charger™ products – fast battery charging systems designed for electric vehicles, airport ground support equipment and material handling applications – allow for faster charging with less heat generation and longer battery life than conventional chargers.
In addition to providing the eTec Minit-Charger fast charging systems, eTec provides the following products and services:
- Testing and consulting of electric vehicles (EV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and hydrogen powered vehicles and fleets.
- Project management that includes testing, research and development of advanced technologies.
- Battery performance testing
- Design and installation of standard electric vehicle charging and fast charging stations for public access, commercial fleets, and residential applications.
- Design and construction of alternative-fuel infrastructure (including electric, compressed natural gas (CNG)/hydrogen-blended fuels and pure 100 percent hydrogen).
- Development of hydrogen-powered internal combustion engine (HICE) trucks and refueling stations.
- Advanced-vehicle testing and failure analysis for automotive companies and U.S. Department of Energy.
- Development and testing of advanced lithium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Consulting and technical support for major utility projects.
ETEC is an equal opportunity employer.